As part of “Data Acquistion Services” systems support engineering, Logistics Support involves the analysis of support systems throughout the life cycle of a program. Our goal is to provide our customers with systems that require the lowest possible Total Ownership Costs (TOC).
Additional analyses conducted by Logistics Support include:
- Supportability Engineering
- Life-Cycle Costing (LCC)/Total Ownership Cost (TOC)
- Level Of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- Spares Optimization & Supply Support
- Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
- Support Equipment Analysis
Logistics Support addresses the full supply chain — from suppliers to the end users — using analyses and planning to minimize and manage logistics risks. “Data Acquistion Services” also provide product support tasks that include product maintenance planning, warranty analysis, maintenance and service provider networks, and the depot planning necessary to ensure the system is optimally supported.